In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corringham like this:
CORRINGHAM, two hamlets, a parish, and a wapentake in Lincoln. The hamlets are Great and Little Corringham, and lie about 2¼ miles S by E of Blyton r. station, and 4 E by N of Gainsborough. The parish includes also the hamlets or villages of Aisby, Dunstall, Yawthorpe, and Somerby; and is in the district of Gainsborough. Post town, Blyton, under Gainsborough. Acres, 6, 189. Real property, £7, 109. Pop., 717. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. Somerby Park is the seat of Sir Thomas Beckett, Bart. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church belonged to the Templars; shows some Norman features; has stalls and a brass; and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. Charities, £15. -The wapentake is in the parts of Lindsey; extends to the boundary with Notts; and contains fourteen parishes and parts of two others. Acres, 49, 209. Pop., 14, 190. Houses, 3, 139.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Corringham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Corringham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corringham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Corringham".