In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Coates like this:
COATES (North), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; on the coast, 2¾ miles ENE of North Thoresby r. station, and 9 NNE of Louth. Post town, North Thoresby, under Louth. Acres, 4, 101; of which 2, 040 are water. Real property, £2, 957. Pop., 290. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £382. Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Coates has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Coates and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Coates, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Coates".