In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lyneham like this:
LYNEHAM, or LINEHAM, a village and a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts. The village stands 1½ mile S of the Wilts and Berks canal and the Great Western railway, and 4 SW of Wootton-Bassett r. station; and has a post office under Chippenham. The parish contains also the village of Clack, and comprises 3,242 acres. ...
Real property, £7,596. Pop., 1,034. Houses, 230. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to G. H. W. Heneage, Esq. Lyneham Court is a farm house. An Augustinian priory, called Bradenstoke abbey, was funded, about the middle of the 12th century, near Clack village; and has left considerable traces at the farmstead of Clack. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £270. Patron, G. H. W. Heneage, Esq. The church is ancient, has been beautifully restored, and contains some monuments. The p. curacy of Clack is a separate benefice. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, a national school, an endowed school with £36 a year, and charities £53.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lyneham in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lyneham ".