In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydiard Tregoze like this:
LIDDIARD-TREEGOOZE, a village and a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts. The village stands near the Great Western railway, 2 miles N W of Swindon r. station, and 3 ENE of Wootton-Bassett; was known, at the Conquest, as Lidiar; and gives the title of Baron to Viscount Bolingbroke. The parish comprises 5,142 acres. Rated property, £7,721. Pop., 795. Houses, 160. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Treegoozes: passed to the Grandisons, the Pateshulls, and the Beauchamps; and has belonged, since the time of Henry VI., to the St. ...
Johns, Viscounts Bolingbroke. Liddiard Park is the seat of Viscount Bolingbroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Glon cester and Bristol. Value, £628.* Patron, Viscount Bolingbroke. The church is ancient; was partly rebuilt in 1683; underwent thorough restoration about 1852; has a tower; and contains banners, helmets, pedigrees, and monuments of the Viscounts Bolingbroke 'There are a school for both sexes, and charities about £21.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lydiard Tregoze has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lydiard Tregoze and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydiard Tregoze in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lydiard Tregoze".