In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydiard Millicent like this:
LIDDIARD-MILLICENT, a village and a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts. The village stands 2 miles S of Purton r. station, and 3 NE by N of Wootton-Bassett; and has a post office under Swindon. The parish comprises 2,321 acres. Real property, with Purton, £24,310. Rated property of L. M. alone, £3,126. Pop. in 1851,491; in 1861,588. Houses, 121. The increase of pop. arose from the proximity of the SE section to Swindon r. station. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £495. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church has a tower. Charities, £3 5s.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lydiard Millicent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lydiard Millicent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydiard Millicent in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lydiard Millicent".