In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leigh Delamere like this:
LEIGH-DELAMERE, a parish in Chippenliam district, Wilts; 5 miles NNW of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,227. Real property, £1,772-Pop., 113. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged anciently to the Delamere family, and belongs now to Sir John Need, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £280. Patron, Sir J. Need, Bart. The church was rebuilt in 1846.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leigh Delamere has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leigh Delamere and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leigh Delamere in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leigh Delamere".