In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leigh like this:
LEIGH, a chapelry in Ashton-Keynes parish, Wilts; on the river Thames, near the boundary with Gloucestershire, 1½ mile NE of Minety r. station, and 3 WSW of Cricklade. Post town, Ashton-Keynes, under Crick lade. Rated property, £2,196. Pop., 312. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ashton-Keynes, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good; and there are charities £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leigh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leigh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leigh in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leigh".