In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Langford like this:
LANGFORD (LITTLE), a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, and on the Wilts and Somerset railway, near Wiley r. station, 5 miles NW by W of Wilton. Post-town, Steeple-Langford, under Bath. Acres, 1, 011. Real property, with Steeple-Langford, £4,222. Rated property of L. L. alone, £887. Pop., 39. .Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Pembroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £145.* Patron, the Earl of Pembroke. The church was rebuilt in 186 4; is in the later English style, of flint with stone dressings; and has an E memorial window to Lord Herbert of Lea, three other painted windows, and some good carving.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Langford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Langford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Langford, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Langford".