In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kington Langley like this:
KINGTON-LANGLEY, a tything and a chapelry in Kington-St. Michael parish, Wilts. The tything lies 1 mile NE of Kington-St. Michael village, and 2½ N of Chippenham r. station; and has a post office under Chippenham. Acres, 1, 642. Real property, £3, 277. Pop., 530. Houses, 121. The chapelry is conterminate with the tything; and bears the alternative name of Langley-Fitzurse. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Kington-St. Michael. The church was built in 1855. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kington Langley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kington Langley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kington Langley in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2014
You have reached this page because, for example, "Langley Fitzurse" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Kington Langley.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langley Fitzurse".