In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Kennett like this:
KENNET (EAST), a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; on the river Kennet, near its source, 4½ miles N of Woodborough r. station, and 5 WSW of Marlborough, Post town, Marlborough. Acres, 808. Real property, with East and West Kennet, £2, 228. Pop., 78. Houses, 20. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £113.* Patron, R. Mathews, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1864, on the site of the previous one; and is in the early English style.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Kennett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Kennett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Kennett, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Kennett".