In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cadney like this:
CADNEY-CUM-HOUSHAM, a parish in GlanfordBrigg district, Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Hull railway, 2½ miles SSE of Glanford-Brigg. It has a station, of the name of Housham, on the railway; and its Post Town is Brigg. Acres, with Newstead, 4,860. Real property, £6,383. Pop., 570. Houses, 111. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Lincoln. Value, £230.* Patron, Lord Yarborough. The church is old. There are a chapel of ease, four dissenting chapels, and a British school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cadney has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cadney and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cadney in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cadney".