In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keevil like this:
KEEVIL, a parish in Westbury district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, and near the Kennet and Avon canal, 4½ miles E of Trowbridge r. stationIt includes the tything of Bulkington; and its post town is Steeple-Ashton, under Trowbridge. Acres, 2, 883. Real property, £5, 070. ...
Pop., 669. Houses, 157. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. W. B. Beach, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £250.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church is good, and has an embattled tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a slightly endowed school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keevil in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keevil ".