In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hullavington like this:
HULLAVINGTON, a village and a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts. The village stands 5 miles SW by S of Malmsbury, and 6 NW by N of Chippenham r. station; and has a post office under Chippenham.The parish includes the tythingo f Surrendral, and comprises 3, 121 acres. Real property, £4, 605. Pop., 700. Houses, 152. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the priory of St. Victor, near Rouen; passed to the Crown; was given, by Henry VI., to Eton College; and is now held by Sir John Neeld, Bart., as lessee. ...
The parish is a meet for the Beaufort hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £194. Patron, Eton College. The church is ancient; has some good early English work, and a tower; and, in 1866, was much out of repair. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Methodists, a school partly supported by Sir John Neeld, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hullavington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hullavington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hullavington in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hullavington".