In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huish like this:
HEWISH, or HUISH, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; under the Marlborough downs, 3 miles NNW of Pewsey r. station. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 754. Real property, £932. Pop., 133. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Somerset family; and was given, in 1690, to the College of Froxfield. Hewish Hill has extensive vestiges of an ancient British village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £178.* Patrons, the Trustees of Froxfield College. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Huish has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Huish and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huish, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Huish".