In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Homington like this:
HOMINGTON, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on a branch of the river Avon, 3½ miles SW by S of Salisbury r. station. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1, 340. Rated property, £850. Pop., 155. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £57. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Homington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Homington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Homington, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Homington".