In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Highworth like this:
Highworth, small town and par. with ry. sta., N. Wilts, 6 miles NE. of Swindon, 10, 504 ac., pop. 3302; PO., T.O.; 2 Banks; is situated on an eminence near the Vale of the White Horse.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Highworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swindon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Highworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Highworth, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Highworth".