In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broomfleet like this:
BROOMFLEET, or Bromfleet, a township and a chapelry in South Cave parish, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Humber, the Market-Weighton canal, and the Hull and Selby railway, 3¼ miles ESE of Staddlethorpe r. station, and 8½ E by S of Howden. Post Town, Brough. Acres, 1,851; of which 708 are water. Real property, £2,452. Pop., 193. Houses, 42. The railway crosses the canal here on a bridge with a cast-iron span of 70 feet. The chapelry is more extensive than the township. Pop., 600. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £146.* Patron, Mrs. Barnard. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broomfleet has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broomfleet and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broomfleet, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broomfleet".