In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haltemprice like this:
HALTEMPRICE, a farm in Cottingham parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles WNW of Hull. An Augustinian canonry was removed hither, from Cottingham manor, about 1324; had, at the dissolution, a prior and 11 or 12 canons; and was then given to Thomas Culpepper.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Haltemprice has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Haltemprice and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haltemprice, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Haltemprice".