In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ham like this:
HAM, a parish in the district of Hungerford and county of Wilts; adjacent to Berks, 4 miles S by W of Hungerford r. station. Post town, Shalbourne, under Hungerford. Acres, 1, 605. Real property, with Henley, £, 929. Pop., 249. Houses, 56. Part of the land is downs, disposed in sheepwalk. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £457. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church has a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ham, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ham".