In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangystennin like this:
LLANGWSTENNIN, or LLAN-CYSTENYN, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Chester and Holyhead railway, and on the river Conway, at the isthmus of the Rhos peninsula, 3 miles ENE of Conway. Posttown, Conway, Acres, 1,314; of which 64 are water. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 674. Houses, 161. Copper ore is mined. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £145. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Constantine, and occupies the site of one alleged to have been founded before 330, by the Emperor Constantine. Cliarities, £16.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llangystennin has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llangystennin and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangystennin, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangystennin".