In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garsdon like this:
GARSDON, a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; 2 miles ENE of Malmsbury, and 5½ WSW of Minety r. station. Post town, Malmsbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 1, 136. Real property, with Lea, £4, 815. Rated property of G. alone, £1, 486. Pop., 206. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Lea, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £ 441.* Patron, F. Gale, Esq. The church is modern.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Garsdon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Garsdon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garsdon in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Garsdon".