In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fyfield like this:
FYFIELD, a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; 2¾ miles WS W of Marlborough r. station, and 11 S by W of Swindon. Post town, Marlborough. Acres, with West Overton township, Lockeridge tything, and Overton Heath and Clatford Park extra-parochial tracts, 5, 400. Real property, with West Overton, East Overton, and Lockeridge, £6, 156. Pop. of F. alone, 200. Houses, 30. Fyfield House is the seat of the Penrud-docks. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Overton, in the diocese of Salisbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fyfield has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fyfield and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fyfield, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fyfield".