In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brocklesby like this:
BROCKLESBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; adjacent to the Great Grimsby and Sheffield railway, 9 miles WNW of Great Grimsby. It has a station on the railway, and includes the hamlet of Little Limber; and its Post Town is Limber, under Ulceby. Acres, inclusive of Newsham extra-parochial tract, 3,860. Real property, £3,499. Pop., 232. Houses, 47. Brocklesby Park is the seat of the Earl of Yarborough; and was visited by Prince Albert, in 1849, at the opening of Grimsby docks. The mansion has a fine picture gallery; and the grounds have a mausoleum by Wyatt and a kennel. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Kirmington, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £479.* Patron, Lord Yarborough. The church is handsome.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brocklesby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brocklesby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brocklesby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brocklesby".