In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brigsley like this:
BRIGSLEY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 3 miles WSW of Holton-le-Clay r. station, and 5 S by W of Great Grimsby. Post Town, Waltham, under Grimsby. Acres, 860. Real property, £1,647. Pop., 152. Houses, 35. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £60. Patron, Southwell Collegiate Church. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brigsley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brigsley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brigsley in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brigsley".