In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fonthill Bishop like this:
BISHOPS-FONTHILL, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 2 miles ENE of Hindon, and 3 N of Tisbury r. station. Post Town, Hindon, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,735. Real property, with Chilmark and Rudge, £5,008. Pop., 187. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £246. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is early English, and in fair condition. Charities, £11.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fonthill Bishop has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fonthill Bishop and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fonthill Bishop, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fonthill Bishop".