In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fittleton like this:
FITTLETON, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 6 miles S by W of Pewsey r. station, and 6½ N of Amesbury. It includes the tything of Hacklestone; and its post town is Enford, under Marlborough. Acres, 3, 185. Real property, with Chisenbury, Compton, and Enford, £10, 414. Rated property of F. alone, £2, 200. Pop., 393. Houses, 75. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £444.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is good. An endowed school has £10, and other charities £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fittleton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fittleton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fittleton, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fittleton".