In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bratoft like this:
BRATOFT, or Braytoft, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 1 mile SW of Burgh station, and 4½ E by S of Spilsby. Post Town, Burgh, under Boston. Acres, 1,814. Real property, £3,073. Pop., 280. Houses, 55. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £255.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church comprises nave and aisles, with clerestory; contains an ancient font; and has, over the chancel arch, a contemporary painting of the defeat of the Armada.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bratoft has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bratoft and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bratoft, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bratoft".