In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Figheldean like this:
FIGHELDEAN, or Fittledean, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 4¼ miles N-of Amesbury, and 9 S of Pewsey r. station. It includes the hamlet of Ablington; and its post town is Duddington, under Salisbury. Acres, 5, 279. Rated property, £4, 326. Pop., 472. Houses, 94. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Salisbury. Value, £310.* Patron, the Bishop of S. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1859.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Figheldean has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Figheldean and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Figheldean, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Figheldean".