In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boultham like this:
BOULTHAM, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, the Roman road, and the Midland railway, 2 miles SSW of Lincoln. Postown, Lincoln. Acres, 1,210. Real property, £2,348 op., 95. Houses, 20. The property is divided among few. Boultham Hall is a chief residence. The living s a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £126. Patron, R. Ellison, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Boultham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lincoln. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Boultham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boultham, in Lincoln and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Boultham".