In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edington like this:
EDINGTON, a tything, a parish, and a sub-district, in Westbury district, Wilts. The tything lies 3 ½ miles NE by E of Westbury town and r. station; and has a post office under Westbury. The parish contains also the tythings of West Coulston, Baynton, and Tinhead. Acres, 5, 705. Real property, £9, 453. ...
Pop., 994. Houses, 239. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged, after the Reformation, to the first Marquis of Winchester; passed to the Dukes of Bolton; and belongs now to W. Taylor, Esq. A collegiate church was built here, in 1347, by William de Edington, a native of this parish, and bishop of Winchester; was changed, in 1358, into a monastery of Bonhommes; and was given, at the dissolution, to Sir Thomas Seymour. A palace of the bishops of Salisbury also stood here; but it was plundered and destroyed by Jack Cade's mob in 1460; and Bishop Ayscough, who was then in the church performing mass, was dragged out and put to death. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value 87.* Patron, W. Taylor, Esq. The church is partly the structure built by Bishop Edington; has a cruciform plan; forms an interesting specimen of transition architecture from decorated English to perpendicular; and contains a monument of Sir Simon Taylor by Chantrey, and some ancient monuments and brasses. Charities, £5.The sub-district contains three parishes, and parts of two others. Pop., 3, 490. Houses, 811.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edington in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edington ".