In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ebbesbourne Wake like this:
EBBESBORNE-WAKE, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on the Downs, 4¾ miles SE by S of Tisbury r. station, and 8 SW of Wilton. Post town, Broad-Chalk, under Salisbury. Acres, 2, 762. Real property, with Fifield-Bavant, £3, 129. Pop., 326. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £130. Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is Norman, in tolerable condition; and there is an Independent chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ebbesbourne Wake has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ebbesbourne Wake and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ebbesbourne Wake, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ebbesbourne Wake".