In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton Royal like this:
EASTON, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; near the Kennet and Avon canal and the Berks and Hants railway, 3¼ miles E of Pewsey r. station, and 6¼ S by E of Marlborough. Post town, Burbage, under Marlborough-Acres, 2, 080. Real property, £2, 911. Pop., 463-Houses, 100. The property is all in one estate. Easton Hill is crowned with a barrow. A priory or hospital for Trinitarian canons was founded here, by Archdeacon Stephens, in the time of Henry III.; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Seymours. The living is a donative in the diocese of Salisbury. Valne, not reported-Patron, the Marquis of Aylesbury. The church was built in 1591 by the family of the Protector; and is very good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £26.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easton Royal has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easton Royal and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton Royal, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easton Royal".