In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton Grey like this:
EASTON (Grey), a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; on Akeman-street and the river Avon, at the boundary with Gloucester, 3¼ miles W of Malmsbury, and 10½ N by W of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Malmsbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 1, 046. Real property, with Norton, £3, 134. Pop., 177. Houses, 39. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to the Parrys. An ancient camp called White Walls, situated on high ground, is believed to have been the Roman station of Mutuantonis, and has yielded Roman coins and pottery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300.* Patron, the Rev. W. S. Birch. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easton Grey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easton Grey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton Grey in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easton Grey".