In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Draycot Cerne like this:
DRAYCOT-CERNE, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; near the river Avon and the Great Western railway, 3½ miles NNE of Chippenham. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1, 066. Real property, £1, 839. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. All the property, with Draycot-Cerne House, belonged formerly to the Cernes and the Longs; and belongs now to the Earl of Mornington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, 234.* Patron, the Earl of Mornington. The church is ancient; has a tower; contains a brass to Sir Edward Cerne of 1380, and monuments of the Longs; and is very good. Charities, £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Draycot Cerne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Draycot Cerne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Draycot Cerne in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Draycot Cerne".