In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St George like this:
GEORGE (St.), a township and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbigh. The township lies on the verge of the county, 2½ miles SSE of Abergele r. station, and 5 WNW of St. Asaph; is sometimes called Llan-St. Sior; and has a post office under Rhyl. The parish contains also the townships of Dinorben and Myford; and is sometimes called Kegidog. Acres, returned with Abergele. Real property, £1, 940. Pop., 469. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £136.* Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church is good. .
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St George has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St George and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St George in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St George".