In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coombe Bissett like this:
COOMBE-BISSETT, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, 3 miles S of Wilton r. station, and 3½ SW of Salisbury. It has a post office under Salisbury. Acres, 2, 196. Real property, with Hornington and Odstock, £5, 180. Pop., 337. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of West Harnham, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £220.* Patron, the Prebendary of Combe. The church is very good. Charities, £7.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coombe Bissett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coombe Bissett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coombe Bissett, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coombe Bissett".