In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Collingbourne Ducis like this:
COLLINGBOURNE-DUCIS, a village and a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts. The village stands on an affluent of the river Avon, 2½ miles NW by N of Ludgers-hall, and 7½ S by E of Savernake r. station; and has a post office under Marlborough, and a fair on 11 Dec. The parish comprises 3, 381 acres. Rea property, with Everleigh, £6, 141. Pop., 564. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the duchy of Lancaster, -whence the name Ducis; and passed to the Seymours. Collingbourne Heath and Collingbourne Wood lie east of the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £716.* Patron, the Marquis of Ailesbury. The church is ancient but tolerable; and has a tower said to have been built for a dovecot.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Collingbourne Ducis has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Collingbourne Ducis and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Collingbourne Ducis, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Collingbourne Ducis".