In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Codford St Peter like this:
CODFORD-ST. PETER, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, near Codford r. station, 3½ miles SE of Heytesbury. It includes the township of Ashton-Gifford; and its post town is Codford-St-Mary, under Bath. Acres, 1, 611. Real property, with Codford-St. Mary, £4, 086. Pop., 359. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £380.* Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is a handsome edifice with pointed windows and embattled tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Codford St Peter has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Codford St Peter and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Codford St Peter in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Codford St Peter".