In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clyffe Pypard like this:
CLIFFE-PYPARD, a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts; 2 miles WNW of Broad-Hinton, and 3½ S by E of Wootton-Bassett r. station. It includes part of the village of Broad-Town; and its post town is Broad-Hinton, under Swindon. Acres, 3, 985. Real property, £7, 671. Pop., 910. Houses, 206. The manor, with Cliffe-Pypard House, belongs to H. N. Goddard, Esq. A whirlwind, in September 1856, destroyed several hundred trees on the manor-house grounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £450. Patron, H. N. Goddard, Esq. The church is an ancient edifice, with a tower; and contains a brass, with effigies, of 1380. Charities, £40.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Clyffe Pypard has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Clyffe Pypard and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clyffe Pypard in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Clyffe Pypard".