In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Christian Malford like this:
CHRISTIAN-MALFORD, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Chippenham district, Wilts. The village stands on the river Avon, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 4½ miles NE of Chippenham; and has a post office under Chippenham. The parish comprises 3, 104 acres. Real property, £6, 900. Pop., 898. Houses, 203. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged anciently to Glastonbury abbey. The parish is a meet for the Beaufort hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £672.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good; and there is an Independent chapel. -The sub-district contains seven parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 12, 609. Pop., 3, 190. Houses, 700.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Christian Malford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Christian Malford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Christian Malford in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Christian Malford".