In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chiseldon like this:
CHISLEDON, a village and a parish in Highworth district, Wilts. The village stands 4 miles SE of Swindon r. station, and 8 S of Highworth; and has a post office under Swindon. The parish includes also the tythings of Badbury and Hodson. Acres, 4, 750. Real property, £8, 881. Pop., 1, 206. Houses, 262. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £173.* Patron, H. Calley, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chiseldon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swindon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chiseldon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chiseldon, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chiseldon".