In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chicklade like this:
CHICKLADE, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 1¼ mile N by E of Hindon, and 5 S by-W of Heytesbury r. station. Post town, Hindon, under Salisbury. Acres, 1, 039. Real property, with Hindon, Berwick-St. Leonard, and Fonthill-Gifford, £5, 111. Pop., 143. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £230.* Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chicklade has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chicklade and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chicklade, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chicklade".