In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brearton like this:
BREARTON, a chapelry in Knaresborough parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles NW of Knaresborough. It became a separate charge in 1866. Pop., 275. Living, a vicarage. Value, £200. The church was built in 1836.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brearton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harrogate. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brearton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brearton, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st December 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brearton".