In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cheverell Magna like this:
CHEVERELL (Great), a parish in Devizes district, Wilts; 2½ miles W by N of Market-Lavington, and 5½ SSW of Devizes r. station. It has a post office under Devizes. Acres, 1,840. Real property, £3, 197. Pop., 561. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Heytesbury hospital. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £353.* Patron, the Rev. R. M. Atkinson. The church was reported in 1859 to need repairs. Charities, £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cheverell Magna has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cheverell Magna and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cheverell Magna, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cheverell Magna".