In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described All Cannings like this:
ALLCANNINGS, a tything and a parish in Devizes district, Wilts. The tything lies on the Avon canal, 2 miles S of Wans dyke, 4 miles E by N of Devizes r. station; and has a post office under Devizes. Pop., 602. Houses, 138. The parish contains also the tythings of Allington, Etchilhampton, and Fallaway. Acres, 5,483. Real property, £8,647. Pop., 1,013. Houses, 230. The manor-house is a building of the 14th century, now used as a farmhouse. The living is a rectory, and was formerly a prebend, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £1,100.* Patron, Lord Ashburton. The church was partly built in the 17th century. Charities, £19.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing All Cannings has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering All Cannings and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of All Cannings, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "All Cannings".