In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brinkworth like this:
BRINKWORTH, a village and a parish in Malmesbury district, Wilts. The village stands on a headstream of the Avon, 3½ miles WNW of Wootton-Basset r. station, and 5½ ESE of Malmesbury; and it has a post office under Chippenham, and is a polling-place. The parish includes also the tything of Grittenham. Acres, 5,464. Real property, £10,618. Pop., 1,273. Houses, 280. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £808.* Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is early English, with a square tower; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £26. Crisp, the antinomian, was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brinkworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brinkworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brinkworth in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brinkworth".