In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bremhill like this:
BREMHILL, or Bremble, a village and a parish in Calne district, Wilts. The village stands on the Roman road to Bath, near the Wilts and Berks canal, 2¾ miles SE of the Great Western railway, and 4 E by N of Chippenham; and has a post office, of the name of Bremhill, under Chippenham.The parish includes also the tythings of East Tytherton, Studley, Spirthill, Charlcott, and Foxham. Acres, 5,920. Real property, £7,784. Pop., 1,357. Houses, 282. The property is divided among a few. ...
Studley House belonged formerly to the Hungerfords, and is now occupied by a farmer. A monumental pillar, surmounted by a female figure, in the costume of the time of Edward IV., is at Wickhill. The ground at the village, and some other points, command fine views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £506.* Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is an ivy-clad edifice, in very good condition; has a finely carved rood-loft; and contains monuments of the Bayntons and the Hungerfords. Two ancient crosses are adjacent; and several epitaphs in the churchyard are from the pen of the poet Bowles, who held the vicarage, and died here in 1850. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels; a Moravian settlement is near Tytherton Grange; and a charity by Heath has £107.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bremhill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bremhill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bremhill in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bremhill".