In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Bradley like this:
BRADLEY (North), a tything, a parish, and a subdistrict in Westbury district, Wilts. The tything lies on an affluent of the river Avon, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 2 miles S of Trowbridge; and has a post office under Trowbridge. Real property, £3,917. Pop., 955. Houses, 231.The parish includes also the tything of Southwick. Acres, 4,036. Real property, £8,628. Pop., 2,196. Houses, 510. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, Value, £398.* Patron, Winchester College. ...
The church was built in the 12th century, and went recently into decay; and a new one, to be in the early transition style, with chapel and tower in the perpendicular style, was founded in 1862. Road-Hill vicarage is a separate charge. There is a Baptist chapel. An asylum for poor, founded by Archdeacon Daubeny, and a school have £159.-The subdistrict includes also part of Steeple-Ashton parish. Acres, 6,076. Pop., 2,510. Houses, 577.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Bradley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Bradley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Bradley in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Bradley".