In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bracewell like this:
BRACEWELL, a parish in Skipton district, W. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Liverpool and Leeds canal, 3 miles WNW of Earby r. station, and 9 WSW of Skipton. Post Town, Thornton, under Skipton. Acres, 1,920 Real property, £2,592. Pop., 140. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. an old house here was a retreat of Henry VI. Limestone is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £123. Patron, J. T. Hopwood, Esq. The church is very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bracewell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pendle. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bracewell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bracewell, in Pendle and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bracewell".