In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boldron like this:
BOLDRON, a township in Startforth parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles SW by S of Barnard-Castle. Acres, 1,222. Pop., 178. Houses, 42.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Boldron has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Teesdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Boldron and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boldron, in Teesdale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Boldron".